so I type here, and it shows on the screen right?
I know, I haven't been here much lately. I haven't been anywhere but work lately, partly by choice, but it was a lesser-of-two-evils choice.
Let's recap what I haven't had time to spew about since before James lost his sub-domain:
1. News: Pit-bull ban - I'm so mad about this, I feel like going outside and bitting someone. I agree that there is a problem, but the simple fact is: The dogs aren't the problem, the people are the problem. As an owner of two large dogs, one of which would easily be mistaken for a pit by our poop-scoop of an atourney general, I know what is required of me to ensure the safety of my dogs, and the people who share the streets we walk on. I would never dream of taking her over to WagerVille for a play date in the back yard with Garrett, that would be unbeliveably irresponsible and dangerous. It's just common sense. What we need is a set of laws that ensure that that kind of common sense is educated to all dog owners. I've lived with dogs for 15 years, and have known and met scores of dogs of all kinds of breeds. I've only been bitten once by a dog, it was a Jack Russell Terrier. Are they mentionned in the proposed law? Nope.
Here is another way of thinking about it: If a person commits a violent crime, do we note their ethnicity, and deport everyone who is of the same? No, and we shouldn't. This issue of dangerous dogs is real, and the solution should address the cause.
2. Movies: haven't seen any lately, but I really want to see Infernal Affairs.
3. TV: I like 'Lost', and when possible, I try to catch 'The Gilmore Girls'. Of course there are the mainstays: 'Coupling' and 'My Hero' (WNED Saturday nights).
3. Video Games: No time, but that's OK, the longer it takes for me to get a system made after Y2K, the cheaper they get. When I do have time, it's Shogo:M.A.D. on the PC. The other systems are in boxes or under dusty dust covers, as the family room is in a bit of a state of flux. It's not very family-friendly right now with Blitzy in school, and it also is where I make my work-away-from-work.
4. The Internet: I love Firefox, and you should too.
5. This blog: I'm just starting to learn how to take what I know in ASP and make it happen in PHP. Once that is done, I'll actually make use of my domain, and move all blogging and other assorted nonsense over there. In the mean time, yes, I know there are broken things here, oh well. I'm shutting off comments, cause I don't really have time to keep on top of them. Most of the people who care to care have my gmail, that's the best way to reach me.
If you got this far, ... wow, thanks for reading.
Posted on 20041121 at 19:54 by codeBoy