<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5615862?origin\x3dhttp://spof.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Single Point of Failure
..If you haven't figured out what it is, it's probably too late to do anything about it.
Is it geeky in here, or is it just me?


Sometime last night, my watch lost 30 minutes. As a result is was reporting a value 15 minutes less than GMT+5 (yes, a pathetic attempt to be punctual. No, it doesn't actually work.). Due to the advanced proliferation of electronic devices, the only impact was a few moments of confusion, but the long term effects on my confidence in this device are serious. Just for fun I thought I'd look around for a suitable replacement upgrade. This Casio Pathfinder is pretty sweet, so is the Timex Helix, but I don't have that kind of money for a wristwatch. This baby has a ultra-high geek factor, but no real features.

In other news:
Those cool mech things like the ones in Aliens are rapidly becoming a reality, they call the thing a bleex, and SAY it's an acronym, I think it is actually the sound that was made by the first innocent bystander who was picked up and carried by someone wearing it.

For more robot related fun, visit:
Cool Robots (@NASA)
Robots (@BBCi)
Robot Challenge (@DARPA)

Besides the chance to see Bill, this is the only reason I have for going to Vegas.

Last but not least, the Nintendo DS is going to be pretty darn cool.

Posted on 20040311 at 15:01 by codeBoy
Post a Comment