...my lunch is turning Japanese I really think so...
For those of you who don't know, (that being all of you), my favourite sandwich is tuna salad. Today, thanks to the creative genius also known as Blitzy, I was able to take it (my lunch that is) to a whole new level. At her suggestion, we added some ginger, garlic, and wasabi (recipe details withheld pending patent application) to the tuna salad mixture. The result was amazing! It's like sushi, but in a sandwich! Two of my favorite things co-existing in an easy-to-carry package, sheer bliss. It did wonders to Brighten our mood after dealing with the RSP fiasco that reared it's ugly head last night...
Let me see if I can tell that story without getting into trouble:
NOTE: most of the relevant details of this story have been removed for obvious reasons, it is presented more as a rant against financial institutions and their inability to handle anything without fscking it up.
Since it is the season for saving money, I thought it would be a good idea to make some arrangements, so, back in the second week of February, I called a bank. Lets call them Bank A. I asked to arrange an RSP similar to what I had last year. No problem. Papers were signed, details explained, and everything was on it's merry way. Well, for a day anyhow. Yes, it only took a day for something to go wrong, so I call again, and got it fixed. OK, we are back on track, and it's now the third week of February. Oops! I get a phone call on Friday the 20th. Something doesn't look right, so I explain what I want, again, and we move forward again. 21:30 last night (Feb 27) I get a call. "Sorry sir, we have a really stupid rule that says you can't do what we've been saying for 2 weeks is OK, so you have to re-apply." No, I will not re-apply. If your stupid rule really exists, then at least ONE of the no less than 7 agents of Bank A who have taken part in this, would have seen this 2 weeks ago! But none of them saw the problem! The last thing I want to so if give them another chance to screw it up. So this morning I went to Bank B, and in 30 minutes flat I had exactly what I wanted. Now that that is taken care of, I can get some work done, and then go practice my M.A.D. skills.
Posted on 20040227 at 17:10 by codeBoy