<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5615862?origin\x3dhttp://spof.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Single Point of Failure
..If you haven't figured out what it is, it's probably too late to do anything about it.
Classic gaming


Why is it that for the majority of the gaming population, the games themselves are so disposable? It seems that once a game is played and beaten, it either goes on the pile of "I'll beat that twice as fast next time", or it gets traded in for the next new thing. Now, understand, this is not the case for me. I have no budget for games, and even less time to play them, so for me, it goes like this: I wait for a game to get really cheap ($30 or less), I buy it. It sits on a shelf for while, I'll install it, and get it started, but it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months to finish it. This may sound like a painful process, but I don't mind it. I enjoy a good game like a good book, and I don't mind dragging it out of a long period. These days, due to the rate of growth, and programming practices, most of the games I currently enjoy, or haven't cracked the box on yet, are too old to be played on most current PC's. That is what I find sad, great PC games that are now obsolete just because most newer systems are so much faster than what they were written for. I wonder if video games will ever enter the sort of life cycle that is enjoyed by motion pictures and TV. Old movies get re-released, and appreciated for what they are, and in some cases, find a growing appreciation as they age. If movies were treated like games, then re-releasing the original Star Wars films would be ridiculed, and no one would have bought the first season of the Simpson's, or Star Trek: TNG for that matter. There will always be a segment of the population who keeps the old stuff, to which I will be a proud member - I'll always keep an 'old' machine around so I can play Warcraft, Neverhood, and Shogo M.A.D..

Posted on 20040306 at 21:26 by codeBoy
Post a Comment