I too update more often than James...
My Tagboard is busted, so I pulled the list of links up over it so it's disfunctionality won't distract you.
Spig and I have been playing xBox Tag all weekend, so much so that I've developed a bruise on my upper arm from his unrelenting emails. I'm hoping I win an xBox, failing that, I'm hoping he wins, as he SAYS he'll give it to me.
This article worries me. I've known about disc rot for years, as a fan of laser discs, but I didn't know it is this bad for CD's. I think some of the hardware is to blame. The tray on the original Playstation uses 3 ball bearings to pin the disc down, and I've always felt they were too tight. You can't help bend the disc when trying to pry it off of those things! The Saturn and Dreamcast also hold the disc that way, but their grip is more sensible. Thankfully all the new systems use trays (PS2, XBOX), or lid-mounted clamps (Cube). Most discmans have a hole-type holder too, but I don't use mine much anyway.
I'm getting a bit bored with this blogger template, I might switch to one of these, some of them are really cool. I especially like the source code one. Seeing the Yahoo one makes me want to create one that looks like... oohh that would be, (gears turning, smoke curling)
I have a plan....
Posted on 20040509 at 15:20 by codeBoy