Year of the SciFi
Yeah, I know, EVERY year is the 'year of the scifi' - for some of us anyway. I was noticing a few things that are significant about this year: A new season of Doctor Who, A new Star Wars movie, and H2G2 adapted for the screen. Wow, it's like totally 1983!
At the time (of the aformentionned thought) I couldn't get blogger to load, but I guess that makes sense, as there was no blogger in 1983.
Did you all catch Doctor Who on Tuesday? I only saw bits because I got home late, and was trying to get dinner made. That's ok though, as I did watch it 2 weeks ago - thanks to that wonderous new invention: 'virus marketing'. I really liked it, it brought me right back to the spirit of the old episodes, I'm looking forward to more.
Caught that Discovery channel thing a few weeks back on the DaVinci Code. He never mentionned a turnip! not even once! The bit about the Templars owning "vast tracks of land" was super funny (for a small group of people). The show was really good, it's soooo nice to see seudo-intellectuals put in their place - on camera - and all they can do in smile weakly, and squirm.
------------
I write code, so you don't have to
Posted on 20050408 at 12:03 by codeBoy
Brock said...
Blogger? Not work? *gasp*
I did enjoy Dr. Who. Did you hear that it wasn't actually Viral Marketing behind the leaked first episode? Turns out it was someone at the BBC who got in a LOT of trouble when they tracked him down.
And it's a shame that Chris Eccleson is stepping down from the role of the Doctor. I like him a lot, if only for this exchange: "Why do you sound like you're from the North?" "A lot of planets have a North."
Brock said...
Have you guys seen Sin City yet? I'm planning on going next Tuesday (or sometime during the week) if you want to get together!
I'll see it alone if I have to though. I did that this week with Constantine.
Post a Comment
Blogger? Not work? *gasp*
I did enjoy Dr. Who. Did you hear that it wasn't actually Viral Marketing behind the leaked first episode? Turns out it was someone at the BBC who got in a LOT of trouble when they tracked him down.
And it's a shame that Chris Eccleson is stepping down from the role of the Doctor. I like him a lot, if only for this exchange: "Why do you sound like you're from the North?" "A lot of planets have a North."
Brock said...
Have you guys seen Sin City yet? I'm planning on going next Tuesday (or sometime during the week) if you want to get together!
I'll see it alone if I have to though. I did that this week with Constantine.
Post a Comment
